First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Problem with WordPad all of a sudden
<THEO(a)TO.> wrote in message news:n29gi5llnua87860di56o3mekbjbcq370c(a)4ax.com... I right clicked on a WordPad icon and selected Run as... The box by "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity" was checked, so I unchecked it and hit OK hoping that would change things back. But I ca... 16 Dec 2009 09:00
Power Supply Fried???
I went to boot up my HP desktop and nothing happened. I looked at the back of the case and there is a green light on the power supply that is flashing. Normally, the green light is on steady. I pulled the power cord from the power supply, tried it on another CPU and the cord is fine. Re-plugged the cord into th... 15 Dec 2009 11:07
3.5" to 2.5" male IDE Adapter ?
Nephew's PC developed a bad connection where power brick goes into Gateway laptop and when he plugged it in, he got MBR error so my phone rang. I put his drive in my desktop and couldn't see the drive. I put back in his PC and I could boot XP CD to recovery console. I could see drive, but when I tried fixboot / ... 16 Dec 2009 19:04
Dial-up problem
Normally, when i click on my Seamonkey icon, a dial-up window pops up and the password is there (shown as stars), the "remember password" box is checked and the "automatically dial" box is also checked - so i need do nothing as it all works without any fuss. BUT. Now the password box is empty and the o... 11 Dec 2009 16:54
Help! HDD little red light stays on!
Why? Please help, P ... 11 Dec 2009 18:01
Troll
Unless this is computer code you don't belong here. Go troll in the political groups. ... 10 Dec 2009 17:52
MSI 123 Netbook problem
My daughter has this and the left click button on the touchpad quit working, also you can't click on the touchpad. The right click button does work. We took it back to the computer store where we got it and they fixed it. But now it is happening again and they are not open. Does anyone know how to fix it? ... 9 Dec 2009 01:13
weekend online sale - free shipping
FYI: http://www.circuitcity.com/email/circuitcity/CCEM180.asp?SRCCODE=CCEM180TT&cm_mmc=EML-_-Main-_-CCEM180-_-circuit180 ... 4 Dec 2009 21:48
USB drives - eject - then what ?
Suggestions ? I just rearranged my PC desk and routed cables (to make it neat) and now it occurred to me: I have 2 "MyBook" USB drives (500gb and 1 Tb) that do NOT have a power off/on switch. Normally I would plug in the cables (power/usb) when I wanted to use a drive, and disconnect when I shutdown. BUT with... 4 Dec 2009 18:29
Hibernation problem
All of a sudden, my computer is having troubles going into hibernation. About 2 out of 10 times it is fine. Otherwise after selecting hibernate, it goes to the preparing to hibernate screen, kills the monitor and then just sits there for two minutes before finally turning off. Once that happens, it turned its... 2 Dec 2009 01:03