From: Vet on
Can someone tell me why I lose Time and date when I turn my computer off?
When I turn it on a couple of days the time and date is wrong, and how to
fix it?The time is located at the bottom right corner.
Thanks for the inf. and your help.
VIETNAM VET
82 abn div 3rd BDE
Pho Loi 1969

From: Stubbo of Oz on
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 15:17:19 -0500, "Vet" <Vet(a)Vietnam.net> wrote:

>Can someone tell me why I lose Time and date when I turn my computer off?
>When I turn it on a couple of days the time and date is wrong, and how to
>fix it?The time is located at the bottom right corner.
> Thanks for the inf. and your help.
> VIETNAM VET
> 82 abn div 3rd BDE
> Pho Loi 1969

You try replacing your CMOS battery.

See here:-

----------------
Stubbo of Oz
----------------
From: Vet on
Thanks for responding.
Vietnam Vet

From: Jeff Strickland on

"Vet" <Vet(a)Vietnam.net> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me why I lose Time and date when I turn my computer off?
> When I turn it on a couple of days the time and date is wrong, and how to
> fix it?The time is located at the bottom right corner.
> Thanks for the inf. and your help.
> VIETNAM VET
> 82 abn div 3rd BDE
> Pho Loi 1969

You need a new CMOS battery. The battery os located on the mother board
inside the machine, if it's a desktop machine, you can easily replace it
yourself. The battery is typically a 2032, and is widely available at drug
stores, Target, and WalMart.