From: ed on
Hi all,

exchange 2003 SP2/windows 2003 SP2 envir.

One of our users tried to send one email out (valid external email address)
and got NDR right away as follows:

Subject: Hi

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

Amy Smith on 5/6/2010 11:23 AM

Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified.
Please retry or contact your administrator.

<our backend servername #4.4.7>

_______________________________
the message did not make to the frontend server and fails on the backend
server right away.
How should I troubleshoot this?

thank you.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
That means your Exchange server was unable to esatablish a connection with
the recipient's e-mail server.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..