From: Grimly Curmudgeon on
drugs began to take hold. I remember Scotius <yodasbud(a)mnsi.net> saying
something like:

>That was '91, and tech has come quite a way since.
> The Pentagon since at least the '90s could, if they wanted to,
>beam down video of your regular nightly newscaster saying whatever
>they want him to say. It would be someone reading a script who might
>not look or sound anything like him, but with computer technology, you
>see the guy you're accustomed to seeing saying whatever the mad
>generals want you to hear.

Paranoid bullshit.
From: Scotius on
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:06:59 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon
<grimly4REMOVE(a)REMOVEgmail.com> wrote:

>We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
>drugs began to take hold. I remember Scotius <yodasbud(a)mnsi.net> saying
>something like:
>
>>That was '91, and tech has come quite a way since.
>> The Pentagon since at least the '90s could, if they wanted to,
>>beam down video of your regular nightly newscaster saying whatever
>>they want him to say. It would be someone reading a script who might
>>not look or sound anything like him, but with computer technology, you
>>see the guy you're accustomed to seeing saying whatever the mad
>>generals want you to hear.
>
>Paranoid bullshit.

Not according to the people who put together the intelligence
newsletter "For Your Eyes Only...", who are considered quite
professional in their field. Parts of that newsletter are often
reprinted in military/intelligence type magazines.
But you can think what you like.