From: Confused on
I have Employee numbers that I want to encrypt so the employees cant be
identified. Can this be done in excel and how?
Thank you.
From: Joe User on
"Confused" wrote:
> I have Employee numbers that I want to encrypt
> so the employees cant be identified. Can this be
> done in excel and how?

Almost anything can be done "in Excel" if you are willing to program in VBA
;-).

There might be good free or for-payment solutions available. I don't know.

For my own purposes, I wrote my own macros that encode/decode using a fairly
simple algorithm based on a user-input passphrase. Although the algorithm is
simple, there are enough variables involved so that it is difficult for most
people to crack, I think. However, it has never been tested for
vulnerability.

If you are interested, send me email at joeu2004 "at" hotmail.com.