From: Mike Leone on
On 04/24/2010 03:14 PM, grant little wrote:
> maybe, but have you also tried
> smbclient -L workhorse -Uturgon

Yep. No joy.

$ smbclient -L workhorse -U turgon
Enter turgon's password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

On 04/24/2010 03:36 PM, grant little wrote:
> Also you say that other systems work fine. Are they the same version of
> samba on the same OS and version? As in are we comparing apples with
> apples...

I only have one other Linux machine with Samba. The other machine:

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 9.10
Codename: karmic

It can do a "smbclient -L" to a Linux machine, or to the 2 Windows boxes:

turgon(a)workhorse:~$ smbclient -L turgon-laptop
Enter turgon's password:
Domain=[DACRIB] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.0]

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (turgon-laptop server (Samba
3.4.0, Domain: DACRIB, Server: turgon-laptop - NT1))
print$ Disk Printer Drivers
Domain=[DACRIB] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.0]

Server Comment
--------- -------
TURGON-LAPTOP turgon-laptop server (Samba 3.4.0, Domain: , Ser

Workgroup Master
--------- -------
DACRIB

However, it can NOT do a smbclient to itself!

$ smbclient -L localhost
Enter turgon's password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

$ smbclient -L workhorse
Enter turgon's password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

This is leading me to think the problem is with workhorse, and not with
turgon-laptop.