From: Halcyon0 on
Hello All. I am trying to restrict viewing/writing permissions to
Exchange 2007 Public Folders.
I remove the "default" user permissions which removes the folder from
appearing in the list. When I add the dist list or group to the
public folder with "author" permissions with Exchange Shell, nothing
happens. The public folder does not appear at all.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:48:29 -0700 (PDT), Halcyon0
<halcyonzero(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello All. I am trying to restrict viewing/writing permissions to
>Exchange 2007 Public Folders.
>I remove the "default" user permissions which removes the folder from
>appearing in the list. When I add the dist list or group to the
>public folder with "author" permissions with Exchange Shell, nothing
>happens. The public folder does not appear at all.
>
>Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Is it a Distribution Group or a Security Group?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Halcyon0 on
On Apr 8, 7:06 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:48:29 -0700 (PDT), Halcyon0
>
> <halcyonz...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hello All.  I am trying to restrict viewing/writing permissions to
> >Exchange 2007 Public Folders.
> >I remove the "default" user permissions which removes the folder from
> >appearing in the list.  When I add the dist list or group to the
> >public folder with "author" permissions with Exchange Shell, nothing
> >happens.  The public folder does not appear at all.
>
> >Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
>
> Is it a Distribution Group or a Security Group?
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Hello.

I have tried both with distribution groups as well as security groups.
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:31:42 -0700 (PDT), Halcyon0
<halcyonzero(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Apr 8, 7:06�pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
><richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
>> On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:48:29 -0700 (PDT), Halcyon0
>>
>> <halcyonz...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> >Hello All. �I am trying to restrict viewing/writing permissions to
>> >Exchange 2007 Public Folders.
>> >I remove the "default" user permissions which removes the folder from
>> >appearing in the list. �When I add the dist list or group to the
>> >public folder with "author" permissions with Exchange Shell, nothing
>> >happens. �The public folder does not appear at all.
>>
>> >Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
>>
>> Is it a Distribution Group or a Security Group?
>> ---
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>
>Hello.
>
>I have tried both with distribution groups as well as security groups.

Is it safe to assume that the "Folder visible" permission is assigned
to that group?

Are the mailboxes in the group members of any other group that is
assigned permission on the PF?

If you give one of the group's members permission on the PF does it
work as you expect?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Halcyon0 on
On Apr 9, 5:32 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:31:42 -0700 (PDT), Halcyon0
>

> <halcyonz...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Apr 8, 7:06 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
> ><richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:

> >> Is it a Distribution Group or a Security Group?
> >> ---
> >> Rich Matheisen
> >> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>
> >Hello.
>
> >I have tried both with distribution groups as well as security groups.
>
> Is it safe to assume that the "Folder visible" permission is assigned
> to that group?
>
> Are the mailboxes in the group members of any other group that is
> assigned permission on the PF?
>
> If you give one of the group's members permission on the PF does it
> work as you expect?
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I did mark the folder visible. When I add individual users, it works
as expected.