From: Frank Situmorang on
Hello,

I have a church membership database. I have the form to input the member
data on whch form I also have a combo box to choose the address.

If there is no address on the combo list, I add the member address in
another form. I can only select it in the member form combo, if I complete
filling the address and then return back to previous address.

Can any body help me, that I do not need to return back in the address input
form? in order to be able to choose it in the member combo form?.

Sorry English is not my language, I can not explain it more clearer, but I
think you can understand what I mean.

Thanks,

Frank
--
Frank Situmorang
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 03:13:01 -0700, Frank Situmorang
<FrankSitumorang(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Hi Frank,
What you ask for is the default behavior, so perhaps you need to
follow some standard samples again. You should be able to type an
address in the dropdown, the NotInList event fires, you open a modal
(acDialog) form to add it, data is added, form is closed, you set the
resonse to acDataErrAdded, Access will requery the dropdown and try
again, and this time the data is found in the dropdown.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP