From: Zebee Johnstone on
In comp.lang.perl.misc on Sun, 30 May 2010 13:48:33 -0700 (PDT)
Arindam <arindam.p2(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> "Hi,
> I am trying to to learn PERL, I am using it for an Automation Tool,
> Selenium RC. My target is to open google. If the operation is
> successful, I will open an existing excel sheet and write PASS, if it
> fails, It will write Fail. I have installed the required library. The
> code is as follows:-
>
> use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel;
> use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel;
> use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::SaveParser;

> my $parser = new Spreadsheet::ParseExcel;
> my $template = $parser->Parse("test_result.xls");
>
> $template->AddCell(0, $row+1, $col, $browser);
>

> After running the program, I am getting the following error:-
> Can not locate object method "AddCell" via package "Spreadsheet::
> ParseExcel ::Workbook"

I know nothing about those modules, but it looks to me like one called
"ParseExcel" is reading not writing.

If you want to write, should you be creating an object with WriteExcel
not ParseExcel?

and if you do
perldoc Spreadsheet::ParseExcel
is there mention of AddCell? Or is that only in perldoc
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel?

Zebee