From: Sherm Pendley on
PerlTrainee <user(a)compgroups.net/> writes:

> I read on CSPAN that

This really isn't the place to discuss politics. :-)

sherm--

--
Sherm Pendley <www.shermpendley.com>
<www.camelbones.org>
From: PerlTrainee on
Is that all you had to say? You wrote your last email as if you were so dying to solve my problem but got disappointed when you didn't see the problem code?

I think the administrators should ban trolls like you. I am otta here

From: Uri Guttman on

P> Is that all you had to say? You wrote your last email as if you
P> were so dying to solve my problem but got disappointed when you
P> didn't see the problem code? I think the administrators should ban
P> trolls like you. I am otta here

who are you refering to? there is no quote or attribution. for a
supposed perl trainee you aren't doing a good job listening to what
people tell you.

uri

--
Uri Guttman ------ uri(a)stemsystems.com -------- http://www.sysarch.com --
From: J�rgen Exner on
PerlTrainee <user(a)compgroups.net/> wrote:
>Is that all you had to say?

What did who say? It is a time-honored proven Usenet custom to quote
sufficient context such that any posting makes sense on its own.

>You wrote your last email

Email? What does email have to do with Usenet?

>as if you were so dying to solve my problem but got disappointed when you didn't see the problem code?

No idea what you are rambling about because you didn't provide any
context.

>I think the administrators should ban trolls like you. I am otta here

What adminstrators? CLPM is -like the vast majority of Usenet- a
non-moderated group. What adminstrators are you talking about?

jue
From: PerlTrainee on
Thanks for the response :) It always help to fix errors that could introduce bad side effects. I have updated my code with your suggestions.

I came across a workaround on the net for this problem. Somebody adviced to use SaveParser->SaveAs() method to save the file you want to edit with a new name. This SaveAs()method returns a WriteExcel() object which can then be used to write whatever to this new file. This solution is perfect for me but unfortunately now I am getting this error:

"Can't locate object method "SaveAs" via package "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Workbook".

I get the same error when I access "AddCell" method of SaveParser class.

My assumption at this point is:
1) either Perl5.12 ParseExcel (v0.57) are not compatible
2) I am not referencing SaveParser methods right

It just seems to get stuck at Spreadsheet::ParseExcel. It doesn't look "below".

SaveParser->new(); should make all methods accessible to me.
The example code on the net don't seem to call these methods any differently.

Anyways, I am moving on. They say C# also has some capability to write to an Excel file.