From: qq on
Hi All,

I have a program which need to run at start when user login. The vender, who
develop the program, save a value in registry key under

But for some reason, the program did not run at start. In Task Manager,
under Processes tag, I could not find out the program.

Any body knows why it happened? How to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

--qq

From: Don Phillipson on
"qq" <qq(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have a program which need to run at start when user login. The vender,
who
> develop the program, save a value in registry key under
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
> But for some reason, the program did not run at start.

The usual reason for this is internal, i.e. the app must itself be
configured to start at boot or login.

> In Task Manager, under Processes tag, I could not find out the program.

Does not Task Manager allow you either to / Add an app or to
/ Browse to any .EXE on the hard drive?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: Unknown on
Try putting the program in the startup folder.

From: qq on
> The usual reason for this is internal, i.e. the app must itself be
> configured to start at boot or login.

I will ask the vendor who develop the program about it.

> > In Task Manager, under Processes tag, I could not find out the program.
>
> Does not Task Manager allow you either to / Add an app or to
> / Browse to any .EXE on the hard drive?

I don't understand what you are saying? Can you explain it more? thanks.
From: qq on
> Try putting the program in the startup folder.

Yes, I tried put the program in the startup folder. But the program just
run, then end at all.

The program is a server program, it should run all the time, then, client
computer can access the server computer for using scanner.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Do not run at start
Next: User-defined Shortcut keys