From: jkneese on
Windows XP allows the user to assign shortcut keys such as Ctrl+Alt+X to
applications or folders on the active desktop. I have assigned several of
thers but there is a problem. Sometime the app will start immediately, orher
times it will take about 30 seconds - one or the other. The same app may
work properly one time and not the next, and which apps work and which don't
vary at random. I seldom have more than two or three things running at the
same time, usually only one.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

From: Badger on
Have you tried creating a shortcut to your program that will put an Icon on
your desktop?
Then all you have to do is double click it.

From: Unknown on
What steps are you doing to create the shortcut keys?

From: jkneese on
Right-click desktop icon, choose 'Properties', on dialog at 'Shortcut key:'
press desired key combination (exmple Ctrl-Alt-X'), click 'Apply' and 'OK'.
Have used this procedure for years but have encountered described results
recently. No evidence of malware, etc. Thanks for reply.

From: Unknown on
Tried many combinations and cannot produce a failure. If this is a recent
failure I suggest you try
system restore. You may also want to try replacing keyboard driver.
> Right-click desktop icon, choose 'Properties', on dialog at 'Shortcut
> key:' press desired key combination (exmple Ctrl-Alt-X'), click 'Apply'
> and 'OK'. Have used this procedure for years but have encountered
> described results recently. No evidence of malware, etc. Thanks for reply.
>
> "Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in message
>>
>> What steps are you doing to create the shortcut keys?
>> "jkneese" <jkneese(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Windows XP allows the user to assign shortcut keys such as Ctrl+Alt+X to
>>> applications or folders on the active desktop. I have assigned several
>>> of thers but there is a problem. Sometime the app will start
>>> immediately, orher times it will take about 30 seconds - one or the
>>> other. The same app may work properly one time and not the next, and
>>> which apps work and which don't vary at random. I seldom have more than
>>> two or three things running at the same time, usually only one.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Pages: 1
Prev: Can not run at start
Next: Hello