From: Androcles on

"sno" <sno(a)opelc.com> wrote in message
| On 8/13/2010 2:40 PM, ThinAirDesigns wrote:
| > Ken Tucker:
| >> Nope, not DIRECTLY Down Wind,
| >
| > You are correct -- the airfoils on a ice-boat do not travel directly
| > downwind, they take the same angled path through the wind that the
| > airfoils on the Blackbird DDWFTTW vehicle take.
| >
| > If you agree that a traditional sailing rig can beat the balloon to a
| > downwind mark by reaching, you have just conceded that there is no
| > violation of any physical laws when a device gets there before the
| > balloon.
| >
| > The ice-boat and the Blackbird use the same propulsion method -- you
| > can't have it both ways.
| >
| > JB
|
| "Experiment beats theory any day", this means that the theory that a
| device cannot go faster than the wind downwind is incorrect....
|
| "one experiment cannot a theory make, however one experiment can a
| theory break"
|
| have fun....sno
|
| --
| Correct Scientific Terminology:
| Hypothesis - a guess as to why or how something occurs
| Theory - a hypothesis that has been checked by enough experiments
| to be generally assumed to be true.
| Law - a hypothesis that has been checked by enough experiments
| in enough different ways that it is assumed to be truer then a theory.
| Note: nothing is proven in science, things are assumed to be true.

That's according to your stinking theory.

Hypothesis or postulate - a supposition, usually silly.
e.g. we establish by definition that the ``time'' required by light to
travel from A to B equals the ``time'' it requires to travel from B to A. -
Idiot Einstein.

Law - an axiom.
e.g. Every body perseveres in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a
right line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed
thereon. - Newton.
e.g. A meets B when B meets A.

Nature's laws cannot be broken no matter how hard you try.

Theory - an insane pile of ignorant bullshit used to deceive students for
monetary gain or prestige.

Theorem: a logical deduction based on natural laws.

Do you deny planes can fly?
Note: some things are proven in science even if you assume they are not.

From: Ken S. Tucker on
On Aug 13, 11:50 am, sno <s...(a)opelc.com> wrote:
> On 8/13/2010 2:40 PM, ThinAirDesigns wrote:
>

> > Ken Tucker:
> >> Nope, not DIRECTLY Down Wind,
>
> > You are correct -- the airfoils on a ice-boat do not travel directly
> > downwind, they take the same angled path through the wind that the
> > airfoils on the Blackbird DDWFTTW vehicle take.
>
> > If you agree that a traditional sailing rig can beat the balloon to a
> > downwind mark by reaching, you have just conceded that there is no
> > violation of any physical laws when a device gets there before the
> > balloon.
>
> > The ice-boat and the Blackbird use the same propulsion method -- you
> > can't have it both ways.
>
> > JB
>
> "Experiment beats theory any day", this means that the theory that a
> device cannot go faster than the wind downwind is incorrect....

True, if the "Experiment" was conducted scientifically using a
disclosed
apparatus, method, including piloting procedures and ambient
conditions,
which in this case that data is being withheld thus perpetuating the
hoax.
Ken
From: eric gisse on
Ken S. Tucker wrote:

> On Aug 13, 11:50 am, sno <s...(a)opelc.com> wrote:
>> On 8/13/2010 2:40 PM, ThinAirDesigns wrote:
>>

>> > Ken Tucker:
>>
>> > You are correct -- the airfoils on a ice-boat do not travel directly
>> > downwind, they take the same angled path through the wind that the
>> > airfoils on the Blackbird DDWFTTW vehicle take.
>>
>> > If you agree that a traditional sailing rig can beat the balloon to a
>> > downwind mark by reaching, you have just conceded that there is no
>> > violation of any physical laws when a device gets there before the
>> > balloon.
>>
>> > The ice-boat and the Blackbird use the same propulsion method -- you
>> > can't have it both ways.
>>
>> > JB
>>
>> "Experiment beats theory any day", this means that the theory that a
>> device cannot go faster than the wind downwind is incorrect....
>
> True, if the "Experiment" was conducted scientifically using a
> disclosed
> apparatus, method, including piloting procedures and ambient
> conditions,
> which in this case that data is being withheld thus perpetuating the
> hoax.
> Ken

A crank in one area of physics is equally clueless about another area.
Imagine that.
From: ThinAirDesigns on
Ken Tucker:
> in this case that data is being withheld thus perpetuating the
> hoax.

Bullshit -- Nalsa has the record data posted on their public website.
I'll also bet a dollar they'll send you the raw data if you request
it.

Nobody wants (or should want) the data from us for obvious reasons --
we could have fucked with it.

JB
From: ThinAirDesigns on
Ken likes to make a lot of stuff up right off the top of his head.

JB