From: David Mark on
On Nov 19, 5:54 pm, Jorge <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> On Nov 19, 11:34 pm, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...(a)web.de>
> wrote:
>

> > Unlikely: <http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/handlers.htm#1120545>
>
> If you specify an onLoad event handler for an Image object that
> displays a looping GIF animation (multi-image GIF), each loop of the
> animation triggers the onLoad event, and the event handler executes
> once for each loop.
>
> Is this true ?

It was. Not a concern today as nobody (sane) uses animated GIF's on
the Web.
From: Jorge on
On Nov 20, 12:01 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 19, 5:54 pm, Jorge <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 19, 11:34 pm, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...(a)web.de>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Unlikely: <http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/handlers.htm#1120545>
>
> > If you specify an onLoad event handler for an Image object that
> > displays a looping GIF animation (multi-image GIF), each loop of the
> > animation triggers the onLoad event, and the event handler executes
> > once for each loop.
>
> > Is this true ?
>
> It was.  Not a concern today as nobody (sane) uses animated GIF's on
> the Web.

Not even spinners ?
--
Jorge.
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
David Mark wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> David Mark wrote:
>> > The proprietary window.onload property likely came about so that
>> > scripts in the HEAD could set a load listener to the BODY before the
>> > body is ready.
>>
>> Unlikely: <http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/handlers.htm#1120545>
>
> I don't follow.

There is no mentioning of setting a listener to the BODY with window.onload
there.

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <f806at$ail$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk>
From: Gregor Kofler on
Jorge meinte:
> On Nov 20, 12:01 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> It was. Not a concern today as nobody (sane) uses animated GIF's on
>> the Web.
>
> Not even spinners ?

An onload listener for spinners which indicate loading processes? Sound
pretty recursive...

Gregor

--
http://www.gregorkofler.com
From: Jorge on
On Nov 20, 12:23 am, Gregor Kofler <use...(a)gregorkofler.com> wrote:
> Jorge meinte:
>
> > On Nov 20, 12:01 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> It was.  Not a concern today as nobody (sane) uses animated GIF's on
> >> the Web.
>
> > Not even spinners ?
>
> An onload listener for spinners which indicate loading processes? Sound
> pretty recursive...

LOL, yes. I've tested it and doesn't work in any (current) browser, as
Mark said.
--
Jorge.