From: Ron Carr on
Access 2007/Win 7 Ultimate 64.
I have a report with 2 sub-reports, where one of those sub-reports has
another sub-report within it.
I cannot get that 3rd level sub-report to shrink when there is nothing in it.
I have both Can Grow and Can Shrink set to yes on every control, and in
Detail section. No controls are touching each other or the edges.
Any ideas for me?
BTW finding Help really elusive on the Can Shrink property. Not nice.
Thanks!
Ron

From: Marshall Barton on
Ron Carr wrote:

>Access 2007/Win 7 Ultimate 64.
>I have a report with 2 sub-reports, where one of those sub-reports has
>another sub-report within it.
>I cannot get that 3rd level sub-report to shrink when there is nothing in it.
>I have both Can Grow and Can Shrink set to yes on every control, and in
>Detail section. No controls are touching each other or the edges.

A control might shrink, but the section will not if there
are other controls (in the same horizontal band) that do/can
not shrink. The most common things to cause a section to
not shink are label and line controls. If that's what you
have then use code to make those controls invisible.

Another common problem is that any white space between the
bottom of one control and the top of then next one below it
will not shrink. The report may end up blank, but it is
displaying any horizontal bands of empty space.

Note: A text box will shrink only if it is invisible or if
its value is either Null or a zero length string.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]