From: Kevin Aylward on
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:07:43 +1200, Terry Given <my_name(a)ieee.org>
> wrote:
>
>> The Real Andy wrote:
>>> I thought one of the big manufacturers would have one. It is a
>>> common part... sigh..
>>
>> FWIW:
>>

>> ** From C:\Program Files\SIMetrix\models\psu.lb
>> .subckt UC3842 Vout Osc Vp Comp Sense Vfb Ref Gnd
>> A$U2 [U6_OUT U5_IN4] U2_OUT nand
>> A$U3 [U2_OUT U7_OUT] U5_IN4 nand
> [snip]
>> .model inv d_inverter
>> .model or d_or
>> .model DIG_GND d_pulldown strong=true out_family="FORCE5"
>> .model DIG_VCC d_pullup strong=true out_family="FORCE5"
>> .model toggle d_tff
>> .model delay1 d_buffer rise_delay=150n fall_delay=150n
>> .model dead d_buffer rise_delay=20n fall_delay=1n
>> .model inv_dead d_inverter rise_delay=20n fall_delay=1n
>> .model nand d_nand
>> .model and d_and
> [snip]
>> ** UC3843 current mode SMPS controller
>> ** This model will only run on mixed mode versions of SIMetrix
>> ** It will not run with any other SPICE or XSPICE products
>>
>> Cheers
>> Terry
>
> The only reason I can see that this couldn't run on other SPICE
> products is the undefined subcircuits, such as the digital ones I've
> quoted above.

Er.. but thats the point. It wont run "as is" on other spices. If the
model is converted, sure, it might be made to work on other spices.

For starters, the adc_bridge is an XSpice specific internal model, so
wont run in LTSpice. In addition, it is an extended model, i.e. it has
additional parameters not in standard XSpice.

> These are obviously "built-in" functions of SIMetrix. I'd hazard a
> bet that standard 74HCxx parts could be dropped into those slots.

Sort of, but much slower as they would have to be analogue versions.
Digital stuff of XSPice is handeled by its digital engine.

Kevin Aylward B.Sc.
431infoEXTRACT(a)anasoft.co.uk
http://www.anasoft.co.uk
SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode
Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture,
Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

"There are none more ignorant and useless,than they that seek answers
on their knees, with their eyes closed"

From: Kevin Aylward on
The Real Andy wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:41:45 GMT, "Genome" <mrspamizgood(a)yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

>> "The Real Andy" <will_get_back_to_you_on_This(a)b.c> wrote in message
>>> I thought one of the big manufacturers would have one. It is a
>>> common part... sigh..
>>
>> You could roll your own....
>>
>> http://www.genomerics.org/genspice/UC384X.asc
>>
>> DNA
>>

> Thanks. I would roll my own, but I will be struggling just to make it
> work :)

You could have a go at making your own by drawing the schematic using
functional blocks, then using the "create subckt" feature found in a few
spices:-)

Its much easier to design and debug a model (.subckt) as a schematic
than by hand crafting text. That's how I generated my SMPS models.

Kevin Aylward 431infoEXTRACT(a)anasoft.co.uk

From: Jim Thompson on
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 07:42:43 GMT, "Kevin Aylward"
<see_website(a)anasoft.co.uk> wrote:

>Jim Thompson wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:07:43 +1200, Terry Given <my_name(a)ieee.org>
>> wrote:

[snip]

>> These are obviously "built-in" functions of SIMetrix. I'd hazard a
>> bet that standard 74HCxx parts could be dropped into those slots.
>>

>Sort of, but much slower as they would have to be analogue versions.
>Digital stuff of XSPice is handeled by its digital engine.

Nope, not slower. PSpice (A/D version) has a digital engine as well.

>Kevin Aylward B.Sc.
>431infoEXTRACT(a)anasoft.co.uk
>http://www.anasoft.co.uk
>SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode
>Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture,
>Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.
>
>"There are none more ignorant and useless,than they that seek answers
>on their knees, with their eyes closed"

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

From: Genome on

>"Jim Thompson"
>"Kevin Aylward"
> wrote:
> wrote:

Yes, but you have your own personal stuff and have learnt from the splash
how to not have someone moan about the external stains.

Or you have a good excuse for your left trouser leg.

DNA

From: Jim Thompson on
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:28:38 GMT, "Genome" <mrspamizgood(a)yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>>"Jim Thompson"
>>"Kevin Aylward"
>> wrote:
>> wrote:
>

>Yes, but you have your own personal stuff and have learnt from the splash
>how to not have someone moan about the external stains.
>
>Or you have a good excuse for your left trouser leg.
>
>DNA

No. I always wear black trousers ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice:(480)460-2350 | |
| E-mail Address at Website Fax:(480)460-2142 | Brass Rat |

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: current source
Next: LDR detector