From: The Real Andy on
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 07:43:05 GMT, "Kevin Aylward"
<see_website(a)anasoft.co.uk> wrote:

>The Real Andy wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:41:45 GMT, "Genome" <mrspamizgood(a)yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "The Real Andy" <will_get_back_to_you_on_This(a)b.c> wrote in message
>>>
>>> You could roll your own....
>>>
>>> http://www.genomerics.org/genspice/UC384X.asc
>>>
>>> DNA
>>>

>> Thanks. I would roll my own, but I will be struggling just to make it
>> work :)
>
>You could have a go at making your own by drawing the schematic using
>functional blocks, then using the "create subckt" feature found in a few
>spices:-)
>
>Its much easier to design and debug a model (.subckt) as a schematic
>than by hand crafting text. That's how I generated my SMPS models.

I have used LTSpice before, with great success for LT products and
simple circuits. I spent some time playing with Terry's circuit and
Jims comments with no success. I also played around with genome's ckt
but decided for a simple person like me that it would be easier to
breadboard it. So, i did the design in protel, and I started laying
out the PCB, then I got bored and found a bottle of wine, a kabana and
the internet.......

Sigh, i spend all day in front of computers writing things like
strncpy(&hello,"world"sizeof(&hello)); and not designing circuits, so
i get bored real easy. I then get remotivated for an hour or so every
2-3 days and connect a few more nets in protel. This project is for my
dad who is a retired mechanical engineer, hopefully i can deliver
before he passes on.

From: Rich Grise on
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:38:28 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:28:38 GMT, "Genome" <mrspamizgood(a)yahoo.co.uk>
>>
>>>"Jim Thompson"
>>>"Kevin Aylward"
>>> wrote:
>>> wrote:
>>
>>Yes, but you have your own personal stuff and have learnt from the splash
>>how to not have someone moan about the external stains.
>>
>>Or you have a good excuse for your left trouser leg.
>
> No. I always wear black trousers ;-)

Doing a good job is like peeing your pants in a dark suit - it gives
you a warm feeling, but nobody seems to notice. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4