From: Millerstale on
I stupidly tried to install Outlook 2007 Beta on an unsupported OS (Windows
2000) and now when I run Outlook 2003 get the message:

"The procedure entry point SetDllDirectoryA could not be located in the
dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

followed by

"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. MAPI32.dll is corrupt or the wrong
version. This could have been caused by installing other software. Please
reinstall Oulook."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times Office 2003 and have changed
Kernel32.dll back to a previous version from outside the OS. Problem still
present. Any pointers?

Thanks!
From: Milly Staples - MVP Outlook on
Completely uninstall Office 2003 (not just Outlook) and then run the Windows
Installer Cleanup Utility. Then try reinstalling Office 2003. And never
run beta code on an unsupported and/or production machine again.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Millerstale asked:

From: Millerstale on
Thanks for the tip.. I'll try to do better. In actual fact I rolled back to
an image I had prior to the install in the end.

From: Patrick Schmid on
How did you even manage to install it on Windows 2000? Did setup run
completely? Did it fail? If yes, when? What steps did you take in the
setup program?

Thanks,

Patrick Schmid
http://pschmid.net