From: Flip Wilson on
I installed windows 7 a few weeks ago. Now my DVD drive isn't available to
boot from. The drive is detected in my BIOS, and works fine once windows
boots. Any help would be appreciated.
From: VanguardLH on
Flip Wilson wrote:

> I installed windows 7 a few weeks ago. Now my DVD drive isn't available to
> boot from. The drive is detected in my BIOS, and works fine once windows
> boots. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, that does NOT mention if you could boot from the DVD drive *before*
installing Windows 7 (assuming you were using some OS on the same host
before you moved to Windows 7). So were you able to boot from that drive
before?

Did you check the boot drive order in your BIOS settings?
From: Flip Wilson on
VanguardLH <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in news:hiunc8$kfd$1(a)news.albasani.net:

> Flip Wilson wrote:
>
>> I installed windows 7 a few weeks ago. Now my DVD drive isn't
>> available to boot from. The drive is detected in my BIOS, and works
>> fine once windows boots. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Well, that does NOT mention if you could boot from the DVD drive
> *before* installing Windows 7 (assuming you were using some OS on the
> same host before you moved to Windows 7). So were you able to boot
> from that drive before?
>
> Did you check the boot drive order in your BIOS settings?

Yes. I booted from my DVD drive to install Windows 7. As for the boot
order, my DVD drive isn't on the list of devices to select for booting.
From: philo on
Flip Wilson wrote:
> VanguardLH <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in news:hiunc8$kfd$1(a)news.albasani.net:
>
>> Flip Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> I installed windows 7 a few weeks ago. Now my DVD drive isn't
>>> available to boot from. The drive is detected in my BIOS, and works
>>> fine once windows boots. Any help would be appreciated.
>> Well, that does NOT mention if you could boot from the DVD drive
>> *before* installing Windows 7 (assuming you were using some OS on the
>> same host before you moved to Windows 7). So were you able to boot
>> from that drive before?
>>
>> Did you check the boot drive order in your BIOS settings?
>>

> Yes. I booted from my DVD drive to install Windows 7. As for the boot
> order, my DVD drive isn't on the list of devices to select for booting.

That's the problem then you will need to let your bios re-detect it

Note: it may say CDROM instead of DVD
From: Jan Alter on

"Flip Wilson" <Rightback(a)cha.com> wrote in message
> VanguardLH <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in news:hiunc8$kfd$1(a)news.albasani.net:
>
>> Flip Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> I installed windows 7 a few weeks ago. Now my DVD drive isn't
>>> available to boot from. The drive is detected in my BIOS, and works
>>> fine once windows boots. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Well, that does NOT mention if you could boot from the DVD drive
>> *before* installing Windows 7 (assuming you were using some OS on the
>> same host before you moved to Windows 7). So were you able to boot
>> from that drive before?
>>
>> Did you check the boot drive order in your BIOS settings?
>>

> Yes. I booted from my DVD drive to install Windows 7. As for the boot
> order, my DVD drive isn't on the list of devices to select for booting.

Is 'CD' or 'CD-ROM' listed as one of the items that you can boot?
--
Jan Alter
bearpuf(a)verizon.net