From: Flatbush on
I am using the Marketing Event Manager template and it refuses to change the
default total project duration from 62 days no matter what I do. Can anyone
help?
From: Rob Schneider on
Flatbush,

Exactly what are you doing to the change the "default project duration"?

I ask as I'm not at all sure what a "default project duration" is and
how to change it. The project duration is normally computed by Project
as a result of adding up all the durations in a logical way to give you
the computed project duration. It's the difference in time between the
first task and the last task in the plan.

I think what you might be wanting to do is use the Marketing Event
template as a "template" to create a plan for your own marketing event.
Change the durations and logic (as appropriate) to compute your own
project cost/schedule.

Perhaps you should be taking a look at Project's Help, a good book on
Project, or a course, or perhaps some free resources on the internet,
e.g. Mike Glen's
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMFrame.asp?CMD=ArticleSearch&AUTH=23

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

From: Jan De Messemaeker on

Hi,

Only you can. Project duration is the difference between the start of the
first task and the finish of the last one. It is calculated and cannot be
set.
Hope this helps,
--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional