From: Prof Wonmug on
For some reason, I cannot create a new Power Scheme. Can someone tell
me if this is possible and what I am doing wrong?

Here's what I do:

1. Open the Power Option applet from Control Panel. If I click on the
Power schemes pulldown, I see 2 schemes: "Home/Office Desk" and
"Portable/Laptop". Home/Office Desk is selected.

2. Click on the Save As... button under Power Schemes.

3. Choose a name, say "DrainBattery". I've tried various names
including just "Drain", all with the same results.

4. Click OK. The new name appears in the Power Schemes field.

5. Make some setting changes, such as setting all of the Running on
Batteries settings to "Never".

6. Click on Apply, then OK.

7. Reopen the Power Options applet. The new Power Scheme is not there.
I've tried it severtal times.

What am I doing wrong?

I am using a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop.
From: williamtell on
Click on Save As, last step!

From: Prof Wonmug on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:12:35 -0500, "williamtell" <wt(a)nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>Click on Save As, last step!

Here's what I did:

1. Open the Power Option applet from Control Panel.

2. Change all of the Running on Batteries settings to "Never".

3. Click on the Save As... button under Power Schemes.

4. Type "Drain battery" for the new name.

5. Click on Apply, then OK.

6. Reopen the Power Options applet. The new (Drain battery) Power
Scheme is not there and the settings are back to what they were.

From: williamtell on
Prof,
Not knowing your OS, you are doing the steps out of order!
Pick a scheme>change it to your liking>click Save as>change the name if you
like>click ok

From: Prof Wonmug on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:29:53 -0500, "williamtell" <wt(a)nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>Prof,
>Not knowing your OS,

This is a Win XP NG, no?. I didn't think I needed to declare that I am
running Win XP. ;-) In any case, I am running Win XP. All updates
applied.

>you are doing the steps out of order!
>Pick a scheme>change it to your liking>click Save as>change the name if you
>like>click ok

Isn't that what I did?

I just tried again:

1. Opened the applet.
2. Picked a scheme (Portable/laptop).
3. Changed a setting.
4. Clicked Save As...
5. Entered a new name (Drain).
6. Clicked OK.
7. Reopened applet. Drain scheme is not there.

How is that different from what you recommended?

I am able to change and save the settings in the existing schemes, I
just cannot create a new one.

>"Prof Wonmug" <wonmug(a)e.mcc> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:12:35 -0500, "williamtell" <wt(a)nospam.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Click on Save As, last step!
>>
>> Here's what I did:
>>
>> 1. Open the Power Option applet from Control Panel.
>>
>> 2. Change all of the Running on Batteries settings to "Never".
>>
>> 3. Click on the Save As... button under Power Schemes.
>>
>> 4. Type "Drain battery" for the new name.
>>
>> 5. Click on Apply, then OK.
>>
>> 6. Reopen the Power Options applet. The new (Drain battery) Power
>> Scheme is not there and the settings are back to what they were.
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: no program link working
Next: Antivirus