From: lenny109 on
Hi,
I recently had a virus/malware problem (av.exe) that I managed to cure
reasonably easily with CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now hardly
any of my program shortcut links work and neither do any of the control
panel links. (c:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Application not found)

The programs work when they are linked to the actual program exe but non of
the shortcuts. Is there anyway of getting these links working again and also
how do I allow the shortcuts in Control Panel to work again?

From: Bernd on

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi,
> I recently had a virus/malware problem (av.exe) that I managed to cure
> reasonably easily with CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now hardly
> any of my program shortcut links work and neither do any of the control
> panel links. (c:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Application not found)
>
> The programs work when they are linked to the actual program exe but non of
> the shortcuts. Is there anyway of getting these links working again and also
> how do I allow the shortcuts in Control Panel to work again?

Please try the following link to Doug Knox's web site and run the fix
for the .LNK Files:

Bernd
From: lenny109 on
Thanks for that. Now most of my links work OK but the IE one from the start
menu still asks me to choose the program to open the file. If I choose
internet explorer it starts to open but then changes to a normal folder page
(C:\Documements and Settings\User

From: Elmo on
lenny109 wrote:
> Thanks for that. Now most of my links work OK but the IE one from the start
> menu still asks me to choose the program to open the file. If I choose
> internet explorer it starts to open but then changes to a normal folder page
> (C:\Documements and Settings\User
>

> "Bernd" <fake(a)gmx.de> wrote in message
>>
>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I recently had a virus/malware problem (av.exe) that I managed to cure
>>> reasonably easily with CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now hardly
>>> any of my program shortcut links work and neither do any of the control
>>> panel links. (c:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Application not found)
>>>
>>> The programs work when they are linked to the actual program exe but non
>>> of the shortcuts. Is there anyway of getting these links working again
>>> and also how do I allow the shortcuts in Control Panel to work again?
>> Please try the following link to Doug Knox's web site and run the fix for
>> the .LNK Files:
>>
>> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
>>
>> Bernd

Then either the .exe or .html associations could be damaged.. run those
fixes from the same site.

--
Joe =o)

Pages: 1