From: rachid on
i did this and no change - still locked

From: John John - MVP on
Perhaps you still have a virus or perhaps your AV software has a lock on
the file. Try while booted to Safe Mode. If that fails try deleting it
from the Recovery Console or try with a utility like Unlocker.

John

From: VanguardLH on
rachid wrote:

> i did this and no change - still locked
<snipped rachid's attempt to hijack neil's 8-MONTH OLD thread>

So neil has become rachid. Uh huh. Start your own thread on your own
problem. You don't know if your host's setup is the same as neil's. He
and you may be using different security software that protects against
changes to the hosts file. Describe YOUR setup and YOUR actions.

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here
is looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you
don't well explain your situation by providing the DETAILS that you
already know, don't expect others to know what is your situation.
Explain YOUR computing environment and just what actions you take to
reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go
on (no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually
move on to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface (e.g., Microsoft's
Communities, Google Groups, or a leech site using a forum-to-Usenet
proxy), those are gateways to Usenet. Despite the pretense of a forum,
you are participating in a newsgroup (aka Usenet).

Note: Microsoft is dropping their "Communities" webnews-for-dummies
interface that gateways to Usenet. Microsoft is leaving Usenet.
Microsoft is not Usenet. To continue accessing the microsoft.public.*
newsgroups, you will need to connect a newsreader to a non-Microsoft
NNTP server or suffer with Microsoft's inane web-based forums.

How to post to newsgroups:
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
And DETAIL the steps to reproduce the error or problem.

Bye.