From: AmyCValentine on
Good morning!

We can't download anything from IE 6. We have Windows XP Pro SP2,
fully patched. In IE, I click download and choose where to save. The
download looks like it starts OK, but the bar doesn't move and
eventually I get an error "The connection with the server was reset".

This happens with any type of file and from all sources I've tried so
far. Firefox downloads fine, but it's not approved for general use
here, so that's not an option. I took a traffic capture to get a feel
for what is going on, and I see my PC send an RST packet during the
download, effectively resetting it.

I tried running the netsh winsock reset command to reset the Winsock
catalog to the default configuration. No dice. Does anyone have any
other suggestions? It's driving me batty!

Thanks!
Amy

From: PA Bear on
Asked/Answered in IE General newsgroup. If you must make identical posts to
multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of them.
Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org