From: Fred on
For the first time I tried doing a running sum of a numerical field in the
detail of a report. The instructions look so simple, but apparently not
simple enough for me.

In my first attempt, I was attempting a running sum of a single precision
numerical field (Days) which would reset for each group. So I put a
=sum([days]) control in the set the "running sum" property to "over group".
Instead of a running sum of the "days" field, it just increments by 50 each
line. Don't know where the 50 came from.

So I made a tiny DB to test/ search for the error of my ways. The numeric
field is quan1. No grouping, I put o =sum([quan1]) control in the detail
section, set "running sum" property to "over all" Same problem, it
increments by the same number every time, except this time it increments (on
every record) by whatever the "quan1" value is is the second record in the
table.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

From: Duane Hookom on
You are making this too hard. Remove the Sum() and just try:
Control Source: [days]
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Fred on
Thanks Daune, that did it.

I guess I was summing the sum or something.

Fred