From: Brion on
Having a little problem in Exchange Management Console. When I try to
create a new mailbox for an existing user, I cannot find the user! Not sure
if this has anything to do with it or not, but when I open the window to
select the existing user, I get a message saying "The number of objects
found exceeds the maximum allowed (10000 objects). Please refine your
search." So I choose to modify the Recipient Picker Scope, and drill down
to the specific OU that the user belongs to, and it still can't find the
user. It can find some users, but not others. I thought that the above
error message might have something to do with it, so I followed the steps as
per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259987 , but that did not do anything.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:04:25 -0400, "Brion" <blah(a)blah.com> wrote:

>Having a little problem in Exchange Management Console. When I try to
>create a new mailbox for an existing user, I cannot find the user! Not sure
>if this has anything to do with it or not, but when I open the window to
>select the existing user, I get a message saying "The number of objects
>found exceeds the maximum allowed (10000 objects). Please refine your
>search." So I choose to modify the Recipient Picker Scope, and drill down
>to the specific OU that the user belongs to, and it still can't find the
>user. It can find some users, but not others. I thought that the above
>error message might have something to do with it, so I followed the steps as
>per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259987 , but that did not do anything.
>Does anyone have any suggestions?

Do you know the sAMAccountname? Type that into the "Find" edit box.
Set the scope to the root of the domain. You can enter the data and
click "Find" before the UI fininshes loading the list.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP