From: Klecker on
Hello,
We have recently migrated an exchange 2003 network to exchange 2010. Our
process took a few weeks and essentially we followed steps similar to this
article:
http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/47632
This network has perhaps 80 users; 20 users have access to about 30 other
user's calendars, their permissions are set as owners -all users use OL2003

What we are experiencing are problems with users on Outlook 2003
consistently accessing shared calendars. If staff try to open another's
shared calendar they often get this error:
"the connection to the microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be
online or connected to complete this action"
If they are in a shared calander & go to another program & back, they will
get an error stating they do not have sufficient permission to open the
calendar folder, or operation failed. They can also get this error if they
have opened too many calendars or received an error on attempting anyone of
them. Although I can't find a common denominator for this problem, one work
around is have them close and open outlook. They will then regain access to
the calendar they were just blocked from before, though they may now be
blocked from another's they just had access to before they closed and opened
Outlook.

I can replicate this problem on a new pc, fresh load of XPPro and Office 2003.

On the Exchange 2010 server I have run this command to disable encryption
Set-RpcClientAccess –Server Exchange_server_name –EncryptionRequired $True

This is NOT an issue with Office 2010 beta!

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Ken

From: Matt Scott on
On Apr 12, 7:41 pm, Klecker <Klec...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> We have recently migrated an exchange 2003 network to exchange 2010.  Our
> process took a few weeks and essentially we followed steps similar to this
> article:http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/47632
> This network has perhaps 80 users; 20 users have access to about 30 other
> user's calendars, their permissions are set as owners -all users use OL2003
>
> What we are experiencing are problems with users on Outlook 2003
> consistently accessing shared calendars.  If staff try to open another's
> shared calendar they often get this error:
> "the connection to the microsoft exchange is unavailable.  Outlook must be
> online or connected to complete this action"
> If they are in a shared calander & go to another program & back, they will
> get an error stating they do not have sufficient permission to open the
> calendar folder, or operation failed.  They can also get this error if they
> have opened too many calendars or received an error on attempting anyone of
> them.  Although I can’t find a common denominator for this problem, one work
> around is have them close and open outlook.  They will then regain access to
> the calendar they were just blocked from before, though they may now be
> blocked from another’s they just had access to before they closed and opened
> Outlook.
>
> I can replicate this problem on a new pc, fresh load of XPPro and Office 2003.
>
> On the Exchange 2010 server I have run this command to disable encryption
> Set-RpcClientAccess –Server Exchange_server_name –EncryptionRequired $True
>
> This is NOT an issue with Office 2010 beta!
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> --
> Ken

Hi Ken. I am having this exact same problem after a 2003 to 2010
migration. Have you had any luck resolving it?

Thanks,
Matt