From: Paul M Foster on
On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 10:45:09PM -0400, David McGlone wrote:

<snip>

> I got sortof a joke I thought about a little while ago, it goes something
> like
> this:
>
> "This list works like a team, and there is no "i" in team."
>
> I'm pretty sure the ones who helped me figure this one out will find
> the humor
> in that one. :-)

Reminds me of a movie. And from that same movie, "You've got red on
you". ;-}

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
From: David McGlone on
On Friday 07 May 2010 00:42:38 Paul M Foster wrote:
> On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 10:45:09PM -0400, David McGlone wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > I got sortof a joke I thought about a little while ago, it goes something
> > like
> > this:
> >
> > "This list works like a team, and there is no "i" in team."
> >
> > I'm pretty sure the ones who helped me figure this one out will find
> > the humor
> > in that one. :-)
>
> Reminds me of a movie. And from that same movie, "You've got red on
> you". ;-}

Shaun of the Dead wasn't it? :-)

--
Blessings,
David M.
From: David McGlone on
On Thursday 06 May 2010 23:47:23 Jim Lucas wrote:
> Robert Cummings wrote:
> > David McGlone wrote:

> >> That makes sense. If I carefully think about what Tedd said, I see it
> >> this way: when writing the E-Mail it will take us mentally through the
> >> steps as we are typing them and it will probably get us to realize
> >> where it went wrong.
> >>
> >> I got sortof a joke I thought about a little while ago, it goes
> >> something like this:
> >>
> >> "This list works like a team, and there is no "i" in team."
> >>
> >> I'm pretty sure the ones who helped me figure this one out will find
> >> the humor in that one. :-)
> >
> > Maybe no 'i' but there's "me", "met", "meat", "eat", "at", and "am" :)

We are surely a different breed ;-)

--
Blessings,
David M.
From: Paul M Foster on
On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 06:23:35AM -0400, David McGlone wrote:

> On Friday 07 May 2010 00:42:38 Paul M Foster wrote:
> > On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 10:45:09PM -0400, David McGlone wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > I got sortof a joke I thought about a little while ago, it goes something
> > > like
> > > this:
> > >
> > > "This list works like a team, and there is no "i" in team."
> > >
> > > I'm pretty sure the ones who helped me figure this one out will find
> > > the humor
> > > in that one. :-)
> >
> > Reminds me of a movie. And from that same movie, "You've got red on
> > you". ;-}
>
> Shaun of the Dead wasn't it? :-)

We have a winner!

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
From: "Jan G.B." on
2010/5/6 David McGlone <david(a)dmcentral.net>:
> On Wednesday 05 May 2010 16:19:35 Paul M Foster wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > WOW!!!! I have spent at least 4 hours reading and re-reading it and it
>> > took you 3 seconds.
>> >
>> > That was the problem. How, how, how could I have overlooked that so many
>> > times????
>> >
>> > Thank you Ashley, I should have asked you 3 hours ago. ;-)
>>
>> Yeah, David, the rest of us are really disappointed in you. I mean, it's
>> not like that's ever happened to *us*. ;-}
>
> I've been studying PHP for at least 2 years straight now, after dabbling in it
> for about a year 6 years ago. So even though I've had my nose to the grind for
> a good 2 years now, I don't think I can call my mistake a "rookie mistake".
> Thats what's frustrating to me. LOL
>
> --
> Blessings,
> David M.

I would take this as a hint to prefer intval() instead of casts.
initval($foo) would have drawn a fatal error - can't be overseen. ;)

Regards
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: strtotime woes
Next: Inconsistent json_decode() results