From: Dennis on
I have an Access 2003 application under development, with a SQL backend. I
have data reader and write permissions. I am able to open the linked table up
in Access and add a new record that way. However, when I click on Add New
Record (a button I cread that just does a "DoCmd.GotoRecord , ,acNewRec", I
get error 2499 "Can't go to the specified record". I cannot for the life of
me figure out WHY. Can anyone give some ideas or insights on this? I'd sure
appreciate it!

Dennis
From: Dorian on
Does your form containing the button have property AllowAdditions set to true?
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

From: Dennis on
OMG! That was it! (I'd started with an unbound form, so I always set those to
OFF, since I only need Edit turned on.) Stupid me.

THANK YOU!!!

Dennis