From: Kindrick Ownby on
Got a small photo printer for Christmas and am now trying to install
its software. The CD lists Win 98 SE as a valid OS, but after some
processing I get the error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error
Program D:\SETUP\HPZRCV01.EXE
abnormal program termination

I contacted HP support (I think in India) and, after some flailing
around, was told that my OS was too old and I should go to XP.

I wonder if possibly there is something I can update under Win
98 SE so that I can install this software?

TIA,

Kindrick
From: user on

"Kindrick Ownby" <kownby(a)sonic.net> wrote in message news:45c5370c$0$68977$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net...
> Got a small photo printer for Christmas and am now trying to install
> its software. The CD lists Win 98 SE as a valid OS, but after some
> processing I get the error:
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
>
> Runtime error
> Program D:\SETUP\HPZRCV01.EXE
> abnormal program termination
>
> I contacted HP support (I think in India) and, after some flailing
> around, was told that my OS was too old and I should go to XP.
>
> I wonder if possibly there is something I can update under Win
> 98 SE so that I can install this software?
>
> TIA,
>
> Kindrick

Install this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bf9a24f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&DisplayLang=en

Then try to install your software again.

From: Kindrick Ownby on
I downloaded vbrun60sp5.exe, executed it, and tried the install again.

Unfortunately, I am getting the same error.

Kindrick