From: bretsharon on
usually I can hold down the left mouse button and drag a program to a
different position, but all at once I can't. It would show a line where the
new position would be, but now no line is shown. Used to, when I let go of
the left mouse button, where ever that black line would be is where the new
position was. What happened?
From: Nepatsfan on
"bretsharon" <bretsharon(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> usually I can hold down the left mouse button and drag a program to a
> different position, but all at once I can't. It would show a line where
> the
> new position would be, but now no line is shown. Used to, when I let go
> of
> the left mouse button, where ever that black line would be is where the
> new
> position was. What happened?

I'm guessing that you're referring to moving programs around on the Start
menu. If that's the case, see if the following procedure helps.

Right click your Start button and select Properties from the menu.
Hit the Customize button on the Start menu page.
In Customize Start Menu, click on the Advanced tab.
On the Advanced tab, look in the Start menu items box and make sure "Enable
dragging and dropping" is checked.
Click OK twice.

Good luck

Nepatsfan