From: Sue on
i recently started getting a mesage on boot up that exojitifef.dll could not
be loaded and I have no connection to the internet. are these two facts
associated?
how do I solve the dll problem? I can't access the internet from that
computer. I am using another computer to send this.
TIA

From: Jim on
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:07:42 +0100, "Sue" <sue(a)wizardclassics.co.uk>
wrote:

>i recently started getting a mesage on boot up that exojitifef.dll could not
>be loaded and I have no connection to the internet. are these two facts
>associated?
>how do I solve the dll problem? I can't access the internet from that
>computer. I am using another computer to send this.
>TIA

Do a search and delete it ( it`s remains of malware ) .
From: Mike S on
On 6/25/2010 9:07 AM, Sue wrote:
> i recently started getting a mesage on boot up that exojitifef.dll could not
> be loaded and I have no connection to the internet. are these two facts
> associated?
> how do I solve the dll problem? I can't access the internet from that
> computer. I am using another computer to send this.
> TIA

I would definitely consider installing Malwarebytes Antimalware from a
USB stick, and doing a complete scan.

From: Paul on
Sue wrote:
> i recently started getting a mesage on boot up that exojitifef.dll could not
> be loaded and I have no connection to the internet. are these two facts
> associated?
> how do I solve the dll problem? I can't access the internet from that
> computer. I am using another computer to send this.
> TIA

When malware installs an executable, there are two components.

1) Typically, a randomly named file is used. When you can't find
the "exojitifef.dll" in a web search, that is how you tell it
is probably malware. If you could actually find the file and
upload it to virustotal.com , you could have it scanned. If your
browser cannot go to virustotal.com , then you know you're infected
anyway. (Good malware designs, prevent your browser from visiting
anti-malware sites.)

2) For the file to be executed, something has to launch it. Windows
has various ways to "Startup" a file when the computer boots. If
you go to sysinternals.com and get a copy of the "Autoruns"
utility, that utility can show you all sorts of things that
are set up to automatically run on your computer. By unticking
the box next to the "exojitifef.dll" item, in the list of
startup items, you can stop the error message from appearing.
As long as the malware truly is deactivated, it should not
reappear in the list.

When your AV or anti-malware program runs, it will scan for items
like (1) above. If it finds such a file, it will either "quarantine"
it (put it in a separate folder, for later analysis by the user). Or
it will delete the file.

But what it won't do, is take care of (2). The part of the infection
described in (2) is left intact. That causes an error message at
startup (because the exojitifef.dll is deleted), but there might be
no other damage, other than the nuisance of having error messages
on your screen.

You say you haven't been connected to the Internet. It is still possible,
for someone to plug their USB Flash stick into your computer, and
execute a file from that stick, and infect the computer. So there
are infection vectors other than your web browser to worry about.
A good AV tool, will scan a flash stick when it is plugged in.

There have even been USB storage devices, shipped from the manufacturer,
with a virus or malware on them.

A number of the malware fighting tools, require a connection to the
Internet, so that updated virus definitions can be downloaded. It may not
be easy to do further cleanup work on the machine, conveniently, if you
still don't have an Internet connection. While the "exojitifef.dll"
file has been deleted, there could be others present on the
computer.

HTH,
Paul