From: Lars Brownies on
I have a split 2003 app. When the BE is in use by one or more of the users'
FE, I can't manually open the BE.mdb. When I doubleclick, nothing happens.
But I can open the FE though and it works fine. In a similar Citrix
environment I can open the BE manually while it is in use by others.
Any idea why it's not working?
Thanks, Lars

From: paii, Ron on
The copy of Access on your workstation is set to open exclusive. Run Access
and select more files, then uncheck exclusive before selecting the BE.

From: Lars Brownies on
Thanks. When I first open Access and from there I open the BE, it works!
Access is not installed on my workstation but also in the Citrix
environment. I assume I can't change the default setting so that I can open
the BE file directly. Btw: I'm not sure what you meant by selecting more
files.

Lars

From: paii, Ron on
When you open Access, it starts with a list of previously open MDB, select
more files to show the open dialog box.

If Access is set to open exclusive and open a FE, only the FE is opened
exclusive not the BE. So with the FE opened by someone else, you cannot open
the BE exclusive.