From: M Shafaat on
Hi,
After I converted my MS Access files from ver 97 to 2003, I cannot open them
anymore.

How can I resolve this problem?

I run Windows XP Pro SP 3.

Regards
M Shafaat

From: Jeff Boyce on
It isn't clear what's happening when you try ... more information, please.

Are you attempting to open them with Access '97 or with Access 2003?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: M Shafaat on
Sorry for too thin info. Here is more info:
I open the files with Access 2003. Access tells me that I don't have the
permission to open them. With some other files it allows me to open them in
read-only mode. S� it must be a security action from Access by some reason,
I usually don't sign my files digitally.

Thank you for your help
M Shafaat

From: Jeff Boyce on
I haven't run across this before ... hopefully other readers have some
insight.

Good luck

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 00:43:06 +0200, "M Shafaat" <poppy2(a)comhem.se> wrote:

>Sorry for too thin info. Here is more info:
>I open the files with Access 2003. Access tells me that I don't have the
>permission to open them. With some other files it allows me to open them in
>read-only mode. S� it must be a security action from Access by some reason,
>I usually don't sign my files digitally.

Did you have Workgroup Security implemented? Is there a file on your computer
(perhaps in C:\Windows\System32, perhaps elsewhere) with a .mdw extension,
other than the default SYSTEM.MDW which should always be there? When you used
the databases in A97 were you prompted for a userid and password?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]