From: Cy on
I have XP with service pack 3 on my system. I do not use my H.P. printer
model C4600 often but I do know that it did work. When I tried to print a
word doc all that happens it the paper goes through the printer but No print
on it: same for note pad and word pad. It will print my emails and a page
from the internet Explorer. I have dumped the printer program and got the
latest version and loaded that in but still no luck. The printer test page
works too.
I know very little about this kind of stuff so any help would be great.

From: Lem on
Cy wrote:
> I have XP with service pack 3 on my system. I do not use my H.P. printer
> model C4600 often but I do know that it did work. When I tried to print a
> word doc all that happens it the paper goes through the printer but No print
> on it: same for note pad and word pad. It will print my emails and a page
> from the internet Explorer. I have dumped the printer program and got the
> latest version and loaded that in but still no luck. The printer test page
> works too.
> I know very little about this kind of stuff so any help would be great.

If "Print Test Page" works, as well as printing from *some* applications
(Internet Explorer), you're not likely to get much help from HP.

What do you mean by "I have dumped the printer program and got the
latest version and loaded that in"? Please be as specific and detailed
as possible.

Do you have other printers? If so, can you successfully print from Word,
WordPad, or Notepad to those printers?

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: Lem on
Lem wrote:
> Cy wrote:
>> I have XP with service pack 3 on my system. I do not use my H.P.
>> printer model C4600 often but I do know that it did work. When I tried
>> to print a word doc all that happens it the paper goes through the
>> printer but No print on it: same for note pad and word pad. It will
>> print my emails and a page from the internet Explorer. I have dumped
>> the printer program and got the latest version and loaded that in but
>> still no luck. The printer test page works too.
>> I know very little about this kind of stuff so any help would be great.
>
> If "Print Test Page" works, as well as printing from *some* applications
> (Internet Explorer), you're not likely to get much help from HP.
>
> What do you mean by "I have dumped the printer program and got the
> latest version and loaded that in"? Please be as specific and detailed
> as possible.
>
> Do you have other printers? If so, can you successfully print from Word,
> WordPad, or Notepad to those printers?

Also try the following (while logged in as a user with "computer
administrator" privileges):

Control Panel > System
Click the "Advanced" tab
In the "Performance" section, click "Settings"
Click the "Data Execution Prevention" tab
Ensure that the top radio button is selected ("Turn on DEP for essential
Windows programs and services only") and OK your way out.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: Cy on