From: Willard on
I have an MS-Dos boot RW-CD with Dos Utilities in folders and files,
which boots and works fine in drive D:....

Nero StartSmart shows D: Track 01: 0:0200 57:16.18 (504MB), Data...

Why won't WinXPpro show the files and folders on drive D:, instead of
just a blank white screen ????
From: Michael on

"Willard" <guess(a)msn.invalid> wrote in message
> I have an MS-Dos boot RW-CD with Dos Utilities in folders and files, which
> boots and works fine in drive D:....
>
> Nero StartSmart shows D: Track 01: 0:0200 57:16.18 (504MB), Data...
>
> Why won't WinXPpro show the files and folders on drive D:, instead of
> just a blank white screen ????

Were the files burned using your computer? CDRW's are very picky and
worthless. Most times they won't read on anything other than where they
were originally burned.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: spamlet on

"Willard" <guess(a)msn.invalid> wrote in message
>I have an MS-Dos boot RW-CD with Dos Utilities in folders and files, which
>boots and works fine in drive D:....
>
> Nero StartSmart shows D: Track 01: 0:0200 57:16.18 (504MB), Data...
>
> Why won't WinXPpro show the files and folders on drive D:, instead of
> just a blank white screen ????

My XP Pro 'Explorer' won't show files on my Pioneer DVDR drive either. No
idea why.
BUT, if I browse the disc via Windows Media Player first, WMP does see them,
and then after that Explorer can see them too. A weird phenomenon as yet
nobody has been able to explain to me. Perhaps the trick will work for you.

From: Willard on
Michael wrote:
> "Willard" <guess(a)msn.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> I have an MS-Dos boot RW-CD with Dos Utilities in folders and files, which
>> boots and works fine in drive D:....
>>
>> Nero StartSmart shows D: Track 01: 0:0200 57:16.18 (504MB), Data...
>>
>> Why won't WinXPpro show the files and folders on drive D:, instead of
>> just a blank white screen ????
>>

> Were the files burned using your computer? CDRW's are very picky and
> worthless. Most times they won't read on anything other than where they
> were originally burned.

My three PC,s have not been replaced, but two were upgraded to WinXP..
From: Willard on
spamlet wrote:
> "Willard" <guess(a)msn.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> I have an MS-Dos boot RW-CD with Dos Utilities in folders and files, which
>> boots and works fine in drive D:....
>>
>> Nero StartSmart shows D: Track 01: 0:0200 57:16.18 (504MB), Data...
>>
>> Why won't WinXPpro show the files and folders on drive D:, instead of
>> just a blank white screen ????
>>

> My XP Pro 'Explorer' won't show files on my Pioneer DVDR drive either. No
> idea why.
> BUT, if I browse the disc via Windows Media Player first, WMP does see them,
> and then after that Explorer can see them too. A weird phenomenon as yet
> nobody has been able to explain to me. Perhaps the trick will work for you.

Nope.. WMP draws a blank on the CD..