From: Sourcerer on

I found sometimes this happens for files as well, not just folders,
particularly downloaded executables. This was giving me a headache when
I downloaded a program and then realized it doesn't quite do what I
wanted it to do, or I didn't need it any more.

One solution is to log in to an admin account and remove all permissions
for the problematic file/folder. Then give full access only to the user
you need to use that file or folder with. You'll need to restart the
system for permissions to take hold.

If you just need to delete the file or folder, another solution is to
mount the drive on another OS and delete it from there. That is, of
course, only an option if you have another OS.

When only folders have the read only attribute set and files don't you
can also recreate the directory structure elsewhere then copy files from
the original structure to the newly created structure.

In any case, this is a nuisance, particularly if you simply need to
rename the folder like I do.

--
Sourcerer
Sourcerer's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/215900.htm