From: Cas on
I would appreciate any help I can get to resolve a problem that arose after
our Exchange 2000 Server SP3 server crashed last week. Any attempt to send
an email using Outlook 2003 running in Cached Exchange Mode from any mailbox
results in the following NDR being received:

Date: 18/01/2006
Time: 12:17:40 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SVR25
An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (SVR25)".
Function name or description of problem: EcGenerateNDR:
Error: 0xfffff9bf

The following things were done to bring the crashed Exchange 2000 server
back into operation:

- ESEUTIL was run in hard recovery mode.
- The private and public information stores were defragmented using ISINTEG
- ISINTEG was run several times on both the private and public information
stores until all errors and warnings were eliminated.

We have unsuccessfully tried the following things from the client side to
fix this problem:

- We have tried deleting and recreating the mailbox.
- We have tried deleting and recreating the Outlook profile including
deleting the Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook folder.
- We have tried installing Microsoft Office 2003 SP2.
- We have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office
2003 Professional.
- Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode will send email when used with a
mailbox on an Exchange 2000 Server at another site. This simply proves it's
a server side issue.

Exchange 2000 Server is running on Windows 2000 SP4.

Has anyone got any ideas how to solve this problem because we are at a
standstill on this one. Thanks in advance.

--
Regards
Cas

From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
As a first step, can you delete the OST and then run Outlook again in
cached mode. See what you get and then reply back. Cheers.
From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
Ok, scratch that. I just went through your post and found that step
you had already done......... thinking.....