From: mbazelon on
I am running SBS2003 with SP1 on Exchange and SP1 for Win2k3. I am
receiving a HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable when attempting to log in
to OWA. This error occurs after I type in my username and password.

After applying SP1 for exchange to try to resolve the issue, I rebooted
the server and saw the following errors:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: POP3SVC
Event Category: General
Event ID: 1026
Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Initialization of the POP3 external interface failed with error
0x80040110.

For more information, click
Data:
0000: ec 00 11 00 ì...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9542
Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Initialization of external interface POP3 failed; Error
ecVersionMismatch-MAPI_E_VERSION.

For more information, click

Event Type: Error
Event Source: IMAP4SVC
Event Category: General
Event ID: 1026
Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Initialization of the IMAP4 external interface failed with error
0x80040110.

For more information, click
Data:
0000: f7 00 09 00 ÷...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9542
Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Initialization of external interface IMAP4 failed; Error
ecVersionMismatch-MAPI_E_VERSION.

For more information, click

Event Type: Error
Event Source: EXOLEDB
Event Category: General
Event ID: 117
Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Microsoft Exchange OLEDB was unable to initialize because of differing
versions of store and exoledb dll.

For more information, click

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9542
Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Initialization of external interface OLEDB failed; Error

Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Initialization of external interface NNTP failed; Error
ecVersionMismatch-MAPI_E_VERSION.

For more information, click

Event Type: Error
Event Source: EXCDO
Event Category: General
Event ID: 8197
Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Calendaring agent failed to initialize with error 0x80040110.

For more information, click

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9542
Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Initialization of external interface CDO SERVER failed; Error

Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Initialization of external interface WIN32 failed; Error ecServerOOM.

For more information, click

I am able to send and receive e-mail through Outlook without any
issues. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks.

Mike

From: Neil Hobson [MVP] on
After a quick glance, it could be this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=837285

....since your errors reference differing versions of exoledb.dll

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Initialization of the POP3 external interface failed with error
0x80040110.

For more information, click
Data:
0000: ec 00 11 00 ?...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9542

Date: 1/19/2006
Time: 1:57:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SBSERVER
Initialization of the IMAP4 external interface failed with error
0x80040110.

For more information, click
Data:
0000: f7 00 09 00 ?...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9542

From: mbazelon on
Thanks for the reply. I followed the KB article, you recommended. I
tried to register the DLL and I received the following error:

LoadLibrary("oledb32.dll") failed - The Specified procedure could not
be found.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

From: mbazelon on
I grabbed the other copy of oledb32.dll from a working 2003 Exchange
server.