From: Linda on
Our office computers are all networked and my boss (who does not do email)
asked me to check his email from my computer. I know you can sign in as a
different user in Yahoo but I cannot find a way to do it in Outlook. So
unless there is a way, I'll just have to boot him out of his seat and check
his mail from his computer.
From: Gordon on

"Linda" <Linda(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our office computers are all networked and my boss (who does not do email)
> asked me to check his email from my computer. I know you can sign in as a
> different user in Yahoo but I cannot find a way to do it in Outlook. So
> unless there is a way, I'll just have to boot him out of his seat and
> check
> his mail from his computer.

If you are using Exchange Server he needs to set you as a delegate (I
think - I'm not an Exchange expert) on his mailbox...

From: VanguardLH on
Linda wrote:

> Our office computers are all networked and my boss (who does not do email)
> asked me to check his email from my computer. I know you can sign in as a
> different user in Yahoo but I cannot find a way to do it in Outlook. So
> unless there is a way, I'll just have to boot him out of his seat and check
> his mail from his computer.

If using Exchange, have the mail admin assign you to be a delegate of your
boss' account.

If not using Exchange, use the Mail applet in Control Panel to create
another mail profile, don't select one by default (so you get prompted when
you load Outlook), and define your boss' account under that other mail
profile. When you start Outlook, you will be prompted as to which mail
profile you want to use. To switch mail profiles requires having to exit
and reload Outlook to get the prompt again.