From: lmwilcox32 on
I have several short wmv video clips to edit. I have not been able to
consistently save the move file. I get an mesage "windows movie maker cannot
save the movie to the specificed location. Verify original source files used
in move are still available, saving location still available and that there
is enough free disk space and try again". None of these options are the
reason. Each clip is only between 1MG and 6MB (over 80 GB available). source
and saving location are fine. I can save the first one of two clips as
movies fine and then I consistently get this error. I have gone to the
PapaJohn site and the issues listed don't appear to be the cause of my
errors. I have uninstalled/reinstalled XP SP2, tried to restore, tried stuff
suggested on earlier posts? I have also tried to complete this on two
separate machines in my work site and neither works there. However,
individuals at another work site indicate they are having no issues?
Microsoft offers no support of this product? Does anyone have any other
ideas? I had been using Movie Maker from March to August with no problems.
Started trying to use it again in October and nothing but. Thanks.
From: Graham Hughes on
Have you made any changes to your pc since it worked?
Like adding video related products, un-installing them or adding codecs?
It's hard to give you things to try as you haven't said which you have tried
and which you haven't, just that you don't think they are the cause of the
problem, maybe try them first and see.
Are there just wmv's used or any other files like mp3 music?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

From: pac_manic on