From: Aaron on
I recently purchased a Microsoft Comfort 5000 wireless keyboard and mouse. I
can successfully install the software associated with the keyboard and mouse,
but when I plug in the USB Transceiver device Windows Install shield tells me
"the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary
software'.

I've tried manually to search the disk and my hard drive and it still cannot
find the software. It doesn't matter if I plug the USB device into any of the
USB slots on my PC. I'm running Windows XP and have had similar install
problems with Windows Hardware Update Wizard, but nothing like this.

Thanks in advance for the help!
From: Jim on
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:00:01 -0800, Aaron
<Aaron(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I recently purchased a Microsoft Comfort 5000 wireless keyboard and mouse. I
>can successfully install the software associated with the keyboard and mouse,
>but when I plug in the USB Transceiver device Windows Install shield tells me
>"the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary
>software'.
>
>I've tried manually to search the disk and my hard drive and it still cannot
>find the software. It doesn't matter if I plug the USB device into any of the
>USB slots on my PC. I'm running Windows XP and have had similar install
>problems with Windows Hardware Update Wizard, but nothing like this.
>
>Thanks in advance for the help!

To what folder did YOU install the software to ?

Pages: 1
Prev: Windows 7 Newsgroup ?
Next: Infection messages?