From: David Andrews David on
Hello,

I am attempting to download and install a critical update for the .NET
framework 2.0 software but each time I make an appempt the installation
fails. Does anyone have a solution or suggestions for me?
From: TaurArian on
David Andrews wrote:
|| Hello,
|| I am attempting to download and install a critical update for the
|| .NET framework 2.0 software but each time I make an appempt the
|| installation fails. Does anyone have a solution or suggestions for
|| me?

You forgot to let us know what OS you're using including SP level. Also you
forgot to mention if there was any error codes etc, and what update you were
installing.

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

How to troubleshoot Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installation issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908077/

When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0,
or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows
Installer error code "1603"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

How to repair an existing installation of the .NET Framework
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306160

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
What TaurArian said, plus...

The .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 installation fails on a computer that has the
..NET Framework 2.0 installed...
[download the Correction Tool cited in Workaround section, log on as Admin &
install]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951950
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)