From: DenizenOfAsgard on
Hi all,

Reading the posts, I know others have had this same complaint. I get
the following message when trying to create a movie:

Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard.
Your movie was not saved successfully.

Windows Movie Maker cannot save the move to the specified location.
Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still
available, that the saving location is still available, and that there
is enough free disk space available, and then try again.

Same thing happens if I use the Wizard or the pull down. I've checked
the Papa John site and changed my virtual memory, the inital was 576,
changed to 2048. The max was 1152, went up by 2048 MB increments until
I gave up at 6144 MB. Did nothing to solve the problem.

Also tried to change Processor Scheduling to Background Services and
Memory Usage to System Cache. Again did not solve problem.

This movie I am trying to create is a series of 512 photographs
(scanned in) along with 4 songs are playing. Something this simple
shouldn't be a strain on the program at all!

I have Win XP, Version 5.1 Sp2. - 512 MB memory

SPECIFIC QUESTION:

1,) Why is Windows Movie Maker Failing? Yes, I've read the Papa John's
page on that, saying it could be this or could be that
2.) If it is to do with Memory, How much should I increase the virtual
memory to? Specific numbers would help. (I think over 6000 MB is
excessive already.)
3.) Where is the Official Microsoft Support for this product? How do I
get in touch with them? e.g. email address.

Please excuse terse tone of this message. The tone is not directed at
those of you out there volunteering answers, rather at Microsoft who
has produced yet one more shoddy product.

Regards,
Joe

From: PapaJohn on
Having looked for years at memory usage when rendering, I've never seen it
actually use more than 2 GB total between RAM and swap file.... so I believe
that's a ceiling buillt into the program. If you see your total usage
getting up toward the 2 GB level when you get the message, it means you've
bumped into the ceiling.

PapaJohn

From: DenizenOfAsgard on
Thanks Gents, I'll try a smaller project and watch the memory usage.
Let you know what develops.
Joe