From: Jeff on
Working with my daughter for a school project and we can not "finish" because
movie maker keeps coming up with an error of; "cannot save to the specified
location"

This is the same if we try to save of a cd or computer. As a working
project, under file we can save and it will save it under my videos as a
location. However we can not open it with out have movie maker open first.
Also when we copy the file, it will not transfer the pictures but everything
else ie sound and titles. It will be the same on a cd or flash drive.

I went under the follow the directions but theres seems to be a flaw. Her
project is due this week.
From: Delly on

"Jeff" <Jeff(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Working with my daughter for a school project and we can not "finish"
> because
> movie maker keeps coming up with an error of; "cannot save to the
> specified
> location"
>
> This is the same if we try to save of a cd or computer. As a working
> project, under file we can save and it will save it under my videos as a
> location. However we can not open it with out have movie maker open
> first.
> Also when we copy the file, it will not transfer the pictures but
> everything
> else ie sound and titles. It will be the same on a cd or flash drive.
>
> I went under the follow the directions but theres seems to be a flaw. Her
> project is due this week.

I'm getting a similar message in Windows Live Movie Maker but mine says "the
system cannot find the path specified"
Any help appreciated.

From: John Inzer on
Jeff wrote:
> Working with my daughter for a school project and we can not "finish"
> because movie maker keeps coming up with an error of; "cannot save to
> the specified location"
>
> This is the same if we try to save of a cd or computer. As a working
> project, under file we can save and it will save it under my videos
> as a location. However we can not open it with out have movie maker
> open first. Also when we copy the file, it will not transfer the
> pictures but everything else ie sound and titles. It will be the
> same on a cd or flash drive.
>
> I went under the follow the directions but theres seems to be a flaw.
> Her project is due this week.
Have a look at the following article:

Movie Maker 2 - Problem Solving -
'Can't Save A Movie'
http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-Issues-CantSaveMovie.html

Many formats are reportedly compatible with
Movie Maker but the most reliable choices are:

Photos - bmp
Video - wmv or dv-avi
Music - wma, wav, wmv

--