From: Mike on
I downloaded an update for Outlook 2007 today and now cannot open the
program. I get error message which says" Cannot start Microsoft Office
Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.

I need some help please. This is my business email and I am out of luck.
Thanks
From: Gordon on

"Mike" <Mike(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I downloaded an update for Outlook 2007 today and now cannot open the
> program. I get error message which says" Cannot start Microsoft Office
> Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.
>
> I need some help please. This is my business email and I am out of luck.
> Thanks

Try this:
Do Start-Run and type in (without the quotes) "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane".
Note the space between exe and /

From: guymaine on
Pretty snide reply you gave previously. Just wanted you all to know that I
found the solution on Google, but it didn't work. Tried again "according to
Gordon," but it still doesn't work. "Not valid. Verify switch" is message I'm
receiving.

I am really in a bind. Can anyone help me?

From: guymaine on
Did you ever resolve this issue? Cannot change the switch; could you? I'm
running Win7 and Ofc Pro 2007.

From: Gordon on

"guymaine" <guymaine(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Pretty snide reply you gave previously. Just wanted you all to know that I
> found the solution on Google, but it didn't work. Tried again "according
> Gordon," but it still doesn't work. "Not valid. Verify switch" is message
> I'm
> receiving.
>
> I am really in a bind. Can anyone help me?
>

> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>> "Mike" <Mike(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I downloaded an update for Outlook 2007 today and now cannot open the
>> > program. I get error message which says" Cannot start Microsoft
>> > Office
>> > Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.
>> >
>> > I need some help please. This is my business email and I am out of
>> > luck.
>> > Thanks
>>
>> Try this:
>> Do Start-Run and type in (without the quotes) "Outlook.exe
>> /resetnavpane".
>> Note the space between exe and /
>>
>> .

Umm what was "snide" about posting the CORRECT solution?