From: Caco on
I have recently installed a copy of XP64. I have tried to access the update
site and get the following message:
"The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options: Read more about steps you can take to resolve this
problem (error number 0x80072EE2) yourself."

I have followed the steps on there to no avail.
I have tried downloading the "Update for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
(KB901105)" but every time i click on download it says "The page cannot be
displayed"

Any ideas?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

From: Caco on
I have not had any sucess with any of those steps which I had previously tried.
I have disabled my firewall, I am not running a proxy server, and I have
not installed any third party anti-virus software programmes yet.
I have added Windows Update Web site and the Microsoft Update Web site to
the Trusted Sites list. BITS says it is current
I have also gone through all the posts I thought weere relevant and still no
success.

The part were I cannot download any updates from my PC has me confused. It
only happens on the MS pages. I was able to download and install Java with
no issues.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
CrystalBall© sez...

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Tip: Start with Resolution Method 2.