From: cmge on
¿Can anybody help me with the error code 8024e001, that appears each time i
try to search for updates? ¿does it have anything to do with registries and
all that?
The system that i am using is Windows Vista (without sp1), the antivirus is
Trend Micro Internet Security 2008. Bye.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
0x8024e001 WU_E_EE_UNKNOWN_EXPRESSION
an expression handler was passed an expression that it doesn't know about

Are you updating via WSUS?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

From: Masure on
I've got the same !
I found nothing :(
I try to update Windows Vista via Windows Update and I got this error...
I don't use WSUS, I'll try...
From: cmge on
Am I updating via WSUS?
No. The computer is inside a Network, but it doesn't update via WSUS.

More details on how all this came up:
Recently (Sep/05), the antivirus Trend Micro Internet Security 2008
said that it had found a trojan [TROJ_Generic.ADV] in my laptop
[Toshiba Satellite Pro] and that, in order to completely eliminate it,
it had to restart. It's then when all the crashes came over. I could
only start Windows under secure mode. I run trend Micro IS-2008
in the MS-DOS prompt and made a good cleaning, I guess... After this,
reading some forums, I learned that Trend Micro made a mistake,
and what thought was a trojan, in fact, it wasn't. But the cleaning was
done! and with it many registries were gone. That's why in my first
message I asked whether all this mess has to do with some
missing registries.

Thanks for trying to help me out!