From: avtuvy via AccessMonster.com on
I need to bind a combo box to a field in the database with a memo data type,
using to combo box wizard I select the table and I can see all the field in
the table except for the one which with a memo data type, why is that?

From: ghetto_banjo on
i have found the wizards to be bit unreliable in terms of selecting
the fields you really want to use. i have had similar trouble with
the crosstab wizard in the past where it would not show certain fields
for no particular reason.

you can use a memo field for your combo box, just the Row Source
property to something like:

SELECT myMemoField FROM tblMyTable;

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:01:12 GMT, "avtuvy via AccessMonster.com" <u58699(a)uwe>
wrote:

>I need to bind a combo box to a field in the database with a memo data type,
>using to combo box wizard I select the table and I can see all the field in
>the table except for the one which with a memo data type, why is that?

Because you cannot include a Memo field in a combo box's rowsource. A single
memo field could be a billion bytes! Access can't sort it, or display it in a
dropdown.

I'd say what you need to do is not bind the combo box to a memo field, but to
find some other way to accomplish your business need. This would not generally
include storing the same memo field data in two different tables. What is the
structure of your tables? What is the memo field and what are you trying to do
with it?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Jeff Boyce on
I don't believe I've run across that before.

If you'll describe a bit more about what you expect to be able to do, once
your combobox is bound to a memo field, folks here may be able to offer
alternative approaches...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP