From: tms3 on

> Does anyone have any idea about this problem ? I can't migrate
> because of
> it .
> Thanks in advance .

What's your database backend.

> Hi,
>
> I am using Samba as a Domain Controler without AD nor LDAP. Everything
> works
> fine for a long time with samba 3.3.2.
> I am trying to upgrade to the latest samba release 3.5.4 .
>
> Here is the procedure I followed :
> - download, configure , and make samba 3.5.4
> - stop the samba daemon (3.3.2 )
> - backup the /usr/local/samba tree where samba 3.3.2 is
> installed
> - make install , (in the same location as 3.3.2 )
> - restart the samba daemon (3.5.4)
>
> After doing some tests, everything seems to work ok.
> Except that :
> - when trying to use usrmgr.exe as a Domain Admin , I can't connect to
> the
> domain , I got the message : "do you want to select another domain to
> administer"
> - when I try to list the domain users (for adding Permissions to share
> folder, or adding a domain user in a local group), I only see the
> domain
> groups, no domain users.
>
> Is it a known issue ?
> Does it have something to do with Domain Admin rights ?
>
> Please help !
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Henri

My database backend is tdbsam :
passdb backend = tdbsam:/usr/local/samba/private/passdb.tdb

I have done exactly the same procedure to upgrade from 3.2.7 to 3.3.2
without any problem.
Is there something new about privileges in 3.5 ?

Henri

_____

[...]

- when I try to list the domain users (for adding Permissions to share a